Thursday, July 15, 2010

If you're a bird then I'm a bird


Have you ever had the experience when you meet a complete stranger and instantly it feels like you have known them for years? Then there is the reverse when you see someone you have known for years and it has the awkwardness of a first meeting! Isn’t amazing how certain people can evoke such a range of feelings. Do you think that you can ever be too comfortable too quickly? I am starting to pay attention to my surroundings more and think deeper into certain sayings that stick with me. I was watching The Notebook again the other day and noticed that Noah said Ally was “his home”. I think it’s a beautiful concept! For some people, their life partner becomes “home”. It doesn’t matter where in the world they are; as long as they are together they have the content feeling of “home” and the safety and security it represents. Incredible as it is I don’t see myself ever feeling “at home” in a tent or some mud shack regardless of who I’m with. I do quite love my warm bed, tooth brush and air conditioning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment