Friday, July 9, 2010

labels



Labels. Love them or hate them they’re going to stick around! I’ve been spending time with a new man friend for about a month now. It seems to me that we’ve been enjoying each other’s company and all the exciting perks that come with getting to know someone completely new. I know people he knows but have not asked them about him because I want to find out everything for myself as time goes on rather than hearing second hand gossip.

Anyway so far it’s been great! We have hung in there through each other’s hectic lives. The first few times he asked to meet up I had to decline because I had late meetings and had an old friend in town. Then I was on call the second week which meant we had to meet sober at obscure hours and I couldn’t confirm that I’d be there until the minute before. Regardless we had a really nice, chilled “first date” where we talked until the venue asked us to leave so they could close. The third week was quite normal with both of us busy but catching up for a movie and dinner (get into the Greek is so awkward it’s funny) and then dinner at mine when it was too late to go out which was very fun. Finally week four, commencing with me having surgery and becoming house bound. Despite all this he has been pretty wonderful! He’s still sticking around and has been visiting me without calling me a cripple too much. It’s his birthday today and I can’t go out to celebrate, somehow he had managed to make me feel like he really wants me there without making me feel bad because I can’t go, impressive. When he visits he has hung out with my friends and family and actually seemed enjoyed it. The best thing has been that I am not made to feel awkward about my unco foot, it hardly seems to bother him at all. So I’m feeling very happy with what has resulted from meeting a random on the dance floor in a club!

Despite this people still want to know what we are. They need to know if we’re going out or if it’s looking like we will. To put it simply, people need to put pressure on a non pressured situation. Honestly I don’t really care, it’s been four weeks and I think rather than having a label he needs a trophy for hanging in there.

In summary:
1- Occasionally give guys the time of day in clubs when they crack onto you because they could be someone special. Even if it doesn’t turn into an epic love story it could be just what you need.

2- Label things it your own time.

No comments:

Post a Comment