Friday, July 9, 2010

Plastered

Have you ever come to a time in your life when, if only for a brief glimpse in time, you feel completely full and satisfied? I am not just talking about the fifteen minutes after and extraordinary lunch, I am thinking about the bigger picture. For me, this time is right now, and honestly it has caught me by surprise. Now I take some time to reflect I can see that I have been been blissfully content for a while now, it’s just taken me some time to stop and acknowledge it. As I sit here with my foot in a plaster cast a week after having surgery on my foot I wouldn’t have thought I would be feeling this great but, with time away from my job I realise just how much I miss it. With the absence of clubs, alcohol and loud music I have had the opportunity to really catch up with my amazing friends who have signed my plaster saying silly things which make me smile all day. Thanks to the surgery I am officially house bound, because of this I have spent some quality time with my family rather than 15 minutes in passing as I get ready to go out again. Maybe we all need a plastered foot to slow us down for long enough to acknowledge how good we have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment