Monday, May 24, 2010

oldness

Here is a secret I have learnt from growing old; Firstly, just because we think someone is old it doesn’t meant they feel old! The motto I have applied to my life is “fake it until you make it”, now I am thinking I will have to use that with relation to my age as well. I don’t feel how I always thought 23 year olds must feel, or act how I thought 23 year olds would act, I don’t even think I look how I remember 23 year olds looking. I am not much of a planner so I cannot even tell you if I have reached the point in life I hoped to meet by this time. All I can say is when I cut my birthday cake today and blew out the candles I did not have anything to wish for. I didn’t wish for the latest cabbage patch kid as I outgrew those years ago (sadly). I didn’t wish for my kids to go away and give me 5 minutes peace! I did not wish for my arthritis and bad back to go away. For what seems to be the first time in my life there really isn’t anything I’d wish for that I don’t have. So for me, 23 feels like success! I’m still standing, even if I am a bubble child from way back I have made it and 23 will soon fit like an old shoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment