Saturday, May 22, 2010

I'm still tall

Friday- a big day for tall comments...
In one day I had my graduation, went shopping and went clubbing. All these events involved a HUGE number of tall comments!!!! Probably more comments in one day than ever before.
Standing at the counter buying a top with my mum. - MUM IS 5 foot 4.

Shop assistant: wow you're tall, where did you get your height from?

ME: My mum, can't you tell.

SNAP!

I had to turn around because her reaction was so funny I couldn't hold in the giggles!!!

Working with kids who don't live with their biological families I am constantly thinking about how I would react to these comments if I had did not know my biological family and was adopted or fostered by a family of shorties. Comments like these would remind these kids every day that they were the odd one out in their new family.

Honestly I think I had about 35 tall comments directed to my face in one day. Not to mention all those which I could hear when I walked past. People are shockers. I hope fugly people don't face this number of comments on their appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment