Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sheeping




Image stolen from http://seekhispurpose.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/sheep.jpg

I’ve been thinking a lot recently about “sheeping”. Sheeping, in case you aren’t already familiar with the term, refers to those commonly known as” followers”. Sheeping is the act of following another person’s actions or decisions in an attempt to remain dependent, stuck on mainstream activities and avoid the possibility of- heaven forbid, doing something different to your friends or colleagues. I am guilty of beign a sheep at times. Over time I have seen that I really respect the decisions and judgments of a certain co worker so in situations when I am unsure of my opinion I tend to let hers influence mine. Problem? I think not. In social situations I may be slightly sheepish, if I am invited to two things in one night and I can’t decide I may base my decision based on being excited to see certain people at one event. So I guess we all have an inner sheep. Bad I have to say, when you are trying to organise an event and no one wants to be the first to confirm their attendance in case they are the only ones, it’s damn annoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment